Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dear God in Heaven,

I am thankful for two things today:
1. Letting my little pumpkin grow ten feet taller this calendar year.
2. Instilling in me a whole new set of neurotic worries as if I wasn't a neurotic enough mom already.




Dear God in Heaven,
Please protect my precious first born that I guard with my life as she enters adulthood. From the moment she was born I have seen flashes of her getting on the school bus on her first day of school, seeing her off on her first date, and watching her drive away to a friends house the first day she gets her license.
It's the latter of these three that stops my heart from beating. It is widely known amongst my family that at least one female from every generation has a natural affinity for colliding with large detached dwellings that cost large amounts of money to replace. We are also known to do things such as eat, apply make up, chatter, text, read, and even sleep behind the wheel causing many near death experiences.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Kellan has a long way until she can reach her little wormy toes to the pedal behind a steering wheel. Instead she is hitting wonderful milestones such as this:
(see below)






Until now.
.....






Barbie Beach cruiser: Ages 4+. Why? Height requirement estimates this age and up to be able to reach the pedal.

Oh dear God....

No comments: