Friday, July 22, 2011

"Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday dear Colin!
Happy Birthday to You!"


 
Chapter 3: "Mama! Bu-yoon!"

Today marks the end of the second chapter in the Story of Colin, and we're well on our way into the third. As I've watched my son grow and develop this year I'm truly amazed at his abilities. He's fearless, fun, and so very intelligent. He's made some wonderful discoveries in his world. He's figured out how to drive, what outlets are for, and the marvel that are "poley poleys!"

By year's end Colin definitely has his own likes. Of course there's Mater, McQueen, and the awesome Finn McMissle. He'll tell you how "cool" they are. He's a dipper like his big sister and loves cheese. His favorite book is "Pout-Pout Fish" and sleeps with it at night. In fact, he's worn the binding down to nothing. The boy is a water magnet. He's become such a brave swimmer. He loves speed and will jump on anything to take it for a ride. He'd sleep "ow-si" all night if it meant he didn't have to come inside, ever. Bubble Guppies is his favorite show. His sisters are his best friends. He'll point out every bird, plane, and cloud in the sky. When he's excited he points for "Mama! Mama! Mommy! See?", especially when it involves BUGS! He'd have a "poley poley" farm if there was such a thing. He's happiest when they're crawling all over his hand and intertwining through his fingers. If spotted in the wild he hunkers down like an ostrich and gazes at them in their natural element, our driveway cracks.

I love my son more than words can say. Each day when he wakes up I can't wait to smooch him. He never ceases to amaze me. The smell of his hair is one of my favorite scents. I adore my little boy. Happy Birthday Big Boy Colin!



No comments: