Thursday, May 15, 2008

After long hours of back breaking labor...

Kellan's playhouse is finally done! I'm so proud of how it turned out. My mom and I worked our "fannies" off on this one, and boy did it need it!

Late last summer Kellan's Grandma Wieclaw picked up this playhouse at a garage sale for $10. It had a processed blue roof, red shutters and door (turned pink by the summer sun) and splashes of rust stains across it from the previous owners using well water sprinklers. It was ugly, no two ways about it. Now it's straight out of a Thomas Kinkade Special Edition collection. I like to refer to it as the "Little Tikes Kellan Knapp Gateway Cottage, 2008 Limited Edition". Here are some before and after pictures:


"Before"
(don't mind my baby downing cheese dip off to the side...)





"After"





1 comment:

Jana & Jim said...

omg...it's so cute, love the flowers around it. good job!