Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Swimming 101


So today Kellan ventured to her first swim lesson ever. I was so proud of her getting to be such a big girl. I put her in the cutest swim suit she owned (yes, she owns more than one...). As I walked her out to the pool deck I couldn't wait to get a picture of her. I already had the scrapbook page in my head. I FORGOT THE CAMERA! Crap... I guess a camera phone will just have to do. I knew it wouldn't take the best picture, but it was better than nothing.
As I finally reached the deck, still contemplating the camera situation, reality smacked me in the face. I stood horrified like a deer in headlights. I knew the look on my face told it all without having to see it. HOLY MOLEY GORGOWITZ IS KELLAN'S NEW SWIM TEACHER. My mouth dropped. For years this butt fugly woman and her turdy nerdy husband had been the butt of soooo many jokes throughout school. Why on Earth would the City of Trenton hire THE strangest looking woman and pay her to get in a swim suit and come near children?

Horrified. Speechless. In awe.

2 comments:

ShellyH said...

Kellan is totally adoreable! I know what you mean about Fugly! When our daughter was little I remember taking her in for her first ballet lesson...I was horrified that it was a FUGLY woman who I had previous run-ins with! After 2 weeks, I found another studio as I knew it just would not work out!

Amy said...

HA! Hysterical!!! Al, your blog is precious and the writing is GREAT!