Friday, August 22, 2008

What can be better than a tub full of jello? A pool full of pudding!


After my recent epiphany, I decided to wait for the perfect day to have a kiddie pool full of pudding for Kellan to play in (I'm sure in part from my childhood fantasies of playing in a tub full of Jello Jigglers). I knew I had to wait for a day when it was nice enough for Kellan to go outside in a diaper and a day where there was no chance in Hades Steve could come home to the mess that would be the backyard. I've been hiding the pudding packets with anxiety praying he wouldn't catch me before I succeeded my mission. So, this morning my sister spontaneously decided to come up to Michigan to scrap. Perfect! I could sneak in being a bad influence on my niece, Mena, as to add to my itinerary. It was like killing two birds with one stone. Awesome....




Side story: As I am outside filling up the pool my nephew, Jacob, says to me "Aunt Allie, what are you doing!?" I said "Oh just wait Jacob...", excited that he had no idea of what was to come. No sooner did he tell me that I was "weird". I chuckled and told him I was just being silly. I figured he was finished with this convo by this point. Moments later he says to me "I thought you were smart" and walks away. Kids these days...




P.S. I let Jacob drive Kellan's power wheels around the back yard one handed. I think I gave my sister a heart attack.

P.P.S. Steve was pretty upset in the end that I did this without him.

P.P.P.S. He said he was more than happy to allow Kellan to do this, just as long as she didn't get any on him. It's a good thing we did do it while he was at work then...

No comments: