Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oh, what a BIG girl!!!!!

I'm soooooooooooooooo excited! And I just can't hide it!!!

Yesterday my daughter finally went on the potty. Needless to say this was after she took her diaper off and ran buck naked through the house, the climbed atop my bed to jump and peed on my comforter. As soon as I could I grabbed her and brought her into the bathroom where I was cutting Steve's hair. I thought for sure we were safe. NOT. She started peeing down her leg in there too. I grabbed that stinker and put her on the potty. Somehow she managed to squeeze out a little more, just enough to make her potty sing.

What a joyous moment. The moment she heard the song she knew she had done something great. I ran over to cover her in kisses and congratulate her on being such a big girl. I was so proud. Finally! I had put her on her potty many times before with no luck, so I gave up. And, to be honest, I'm getting really tired of having to tape down her diaper or deal with catching a quick glance of a naked bum going by and having to chase it down.

On to bigger news. This morning I was trying to get some piles of stuff uncluttered in the house. I was looking through a laundry basket of random clean junk, wondering what the hell to do with it. All of a sudden I hear the potty and remembered I forgot to close the bathroom door. WHAT NOW... Kellan loves to sneak in there when she can and teepee the entire bathroom and take her potty apart to set off the sensor manually to make it sing. Great, another mess.

I WAS WRONG. Kellan had taken off her diaper all by herself and was sittin' there peeing. I went nuts. I was shrill with delight that I had underestimated my child. I was happy that I was proved wrong and looked like a big jerk for telling everyone she wasn't ready. Even funnier is that Kellan wasn't fazed by this. She acted like an old pro that couldn't figure out what the big fuss was for. I was just waiting for her to tell me to get out and shut the door behind me.

My daughter is a BIG girl, and damn am I proud!

P.S. I'd post pictures, but I don't want to go to jail.

No comments: