Tuesday, July 29, 2008

"F is for Fantastic Family Fun"

Yesterday was a blast, plain and simple. There aren't too many days that time goes by so fast that I'm not ready to stop having fun.



Kellan and I took G.G. down to Aunt Emily's so she could meet Baby Maddy for the first time. A few hours after arriving Aunt Amy came over with Kellan's two cousins, Mena and Jacob, to spend the afternoon all together. While the kids played outside and ran circles around the couch inside, I got the chance to get some scrapbooking done with Amy and my niece Alicia. Boy did it feel good to get some scrapbooking accomplished! I think the thrill of participating in one of my favorite activities is partly to blame for the fast flying continuum.



For dinner Aunt Emily made homemade pizzas and cheesy bread. MMMMMMmmm is all you'll hear from me as I daydream of stuffing more in my face. All I need, right? Anyway, after dinner we celebrated Aunt Amy's birthday (which is today, Happy Birthday Amy!) with cupcakes and Muddy Buddies.



Muddy Buddies

9 cups Rice Chex
1 cup semi sweet morsels
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Put cereal into large bowl and set aside. Heat up butter, PB, and chocolate in double boiler pot. Melt. Add in vanilla. Pour sauce over cereal and mix well. In 2 gallon bag add powdered sugar and cereal mix. Shake. Pour onto wax paper to cool. Refrigerate


P.S. I finally got to hold that baby.

P.P.S. :)

2 comments:

Jana & Jim said...

that sucks that i have to work on mondays...i would have love to attend your family functions and i'm so jealous you were scrapping..i've been so busy. but soon we will get together and scrap.
hugs,
jana

Amy said...

that's a great pic of the lil' cousins. Can I get a copy?