Monday, July 7, 2008

"I caught you a large bass"


While vacationing in sunny Bellaire, Michigan, I took another shot at fishing. I have been whining for over a year now that I wanted to catch a fish, gut it, and then eat it with a smile. Even though Intermediate Lake isn't the best place for yummy prize winning fish, I figured it was a good place to practice.
The award for first fish caught that morning did not go to me, however, I did get the prize for most caught. I got 3. THREE! This is the girl that couldn't catch one with a fishing net the size of all metro Detroit.




This is my first fish ever, Tiny. He may look small to you, but to me he's huge. As they all say "size doesn't matter". In this case, Tiny's size really didn't matter. Even though he looked really small on the outside, his love for my little wormy was huge. It's okay, I loved him anyway. I have a whole new appreciation for the "nibblers". They like me.

Following Tiny came Sasquatch (the first enormous bass above) and Nemo. All and all it was a successful fishing voyage. I caught the fish I had been wanting to catch with my Tator Tot, my man, and my Old Yeller pup by my side. Life was good. The smell of worm guts was not.


P.S. Steve didn't catch any fish. Leave it to the pro's son.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So hard to come up with a good excuse, but I guess I'll just go with an old standard: I was just trying to get fish closer to the boat so you could catch them. And you're actually pretty good at fishing, you know, for a girl. Just kidding, nice work.