Wednesday, April 8, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons, You Just Need To Make Some Lemonade...

The year 2009 has tested me so. I don't deal with emotional situations well, so life has decided to throw me some massive curve balls to get over it. Surprisingly, it's working. Although the last week and a half is something I chose not to discuss publicly, the lemonade I've made from the obstacles this year is something I choose to share.

My family has had a lot of emotional strain this year, with me as it's head emotional nutcase. We needed time away from ourselves. While out on a quick trip to California we decided that going to Disneyland, the self proclaimed "Happiest Place on Earth", might be a breath of fresh air for us.


We loved it. It was just what our little family needed. Kellan was in awe that Mickey Mouse himself lives. She about loaded her diaper when she spotted Minnie Mouse on Main Street. As a special little memento for our Disney lovin' angel, we bought her one of those Autograph Books and almost filled it up, making sure to take her picture with every character to add to later. Although I'd love to share every single snap shot with you all, I'm guessing that if I posted this with all 342 photos on it my computer would explode.

Boy did I not want to come home. Hearing that we got a ton of snow as your packing up your suitcase full of warm weather clothing is not cool. I just finally got a tan and I'm going back to the Artic where it will wear off and I'll just look like a giant marshmallow once again. Rock on. Send me back.








No comments: