Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Amy, er Emily, no Angel, ALLISON!"

Last week we found out we were having a baby boy. We announced that we had decided on a name: Colin Douglas. For all of you out there who have mispronounced, objected, and stumbled: this one's for you...

Kellan (Kel-Lynn): First born to us. Female. Pronounced Kel-Lynn. It's like Hellen, but with a K. The name Kellan comes from the Gaelic origin. In Gaelic the meaning of the name Kellan is slender; fair.

Colin (Col-Lynn): Second being born to us. Male. Pronounced Col-Lynn. The name Colin comes from the French origin. In French the meaning of the name Colin is a variant of Nicholas, which means 'people's victory', from a French diminutive. Famous Colin's include: Colin Farrell, Colin Firth. Not to be mistaken with Colin Powell. That is pronounced Cole-Lynn. It's correct spelling is Colon. His mother must have been an idiot. A mean one at that. We are not naming our child after a body part that extracts salt from poop.

No we aren't changing it. Yes, it's similar to Kellan and I'm sure we'll mess it up. My mother called me both of my sisters' names and our dog's name until she got it right when disciplining me. Yes I hated it, but that's too bad. Last time I checked no one else was squeezing this watermelon from their lemon hole. Kellan and Colin it is.

No comments: