Sunday, February 15, 2009

"Elmo, where are youuuuu? ELMOOOOOOOOO!"

"Sunny day sweepin' the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street!?!"


Sesame Street Live was GREAT. The show itself was fun and Kellan really got into the songs and seeing Elmo himself on stage, but the perks were even BETTER!

As I'm sure most of you had heard (because the excitement and anticipation were KILLING me)Kellan's Nana Wieclaw had gotten her tickets to see Elmo Live and be part of a "Meet and Greet" before the show. I was SO pumped for Kellan to meet Elmo. I knew it would be her dreams come true. We also had very good seats. Second row from stage, but all the way to left stage, so I was a little worried she wouldn't get to see some of the show. Boy was I WRONG...

We got to the Fox Theater (which is still just as incredible as I remember as a child) an hour early for Kellan to see Elmo. Much to our disappointment there was an error on Ticketmaster.com and the "Meet and Greet" was only on the west coast. I WAS PISSED. I can't tell you how mad and irritated I was. Add pregnant and that was my blood pressure. Apparently at some point in time our usher (whom I had asked for information from) talked to the Assistant Manager of the building about it. During intermission she felt so bad that she brought Kellan all sorts of free items from the souvenir stand. One item was a stuffed Zoe, and Kellan clung to that the entire show, then ride home, and all night long. She woke up with it still in her paws. It was soooo nice of her to do that. Especially since I haven't explained the best part of the night yet...



Kellan met Elmo. Twice. She. went. NUTS! She had a smile plastered on her face the whole show like she had just met Jesus. That's not the only character she met. She met Roxie Marie, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Abby Cadabby, The Count, Prairie Dawn, Telly, and Rosita. Apparently we had THE best seats in the house. Literally. Since we were over to the side that's where the characters would come down and dance and interact with whichever child was sitting there. And since the first row only had like four seats long, their row had ended so Kellan was RIGHT there. It was AWESOME. I can hardly find words to describe how proud and happy I was for Kellan to experience that. I was beaming. That was better than ANY "Meet and Greet" they could have offered. They were supposedly only going to let you take one picture with one character of their choice to come out. Kellan got many pictures with multiple characters. One character in particular, and the first character to approach her, was Roxie Marie. Kellan was a little (super) shy and slightly freaked. After that she calmed right down and would wait for them to return. This character made it a point to come straight to Kellan and invite her to come hug her every time she came there after. It was so sweet. I wish I could have taped it all or brought everyone with us. It was perfect.

"Roxie Marie"


"Telly"


"Prairie Dawn"


"Zoe"


"Cookie Monster"

"The End"

No comments: